With such an extensive network we are committed to respecting the communities and environments in which we operate.
We implement measures to minimise or prevent pollution and waste.
Our Environmental Policy guides the continual improvement of our Environmental Management System, which is regularly updated and reviewed. We keep our environmental objectives and targets current and we are proactive about managing potential environmental risks.
We comply with environmental legislation, regulation and other requirements as a minimum, but seek to go beyond this though identifying opportunities for higher standards of environmental performance.
We’re furthermore committed to:
- Taking prompt action in response to non-compliance and other environmental complaints
- Having effective relationships with all environmental agencies and regulators
- Ensuring agreements between contractors and rail operators comply with our Environmental Management System
- Ensuring employees are inducted so they can perform their duties.
We operate across New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia and hold an Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Licence for our rail operations in New South Wales and South Australia.
The EPA works with us to reduce risks to the environment. Licences set conditions to ensure that potential impacts and risks to the environment are minimised.
|001||Environmental Policy||1 Dec 2014||–|
|002||NSW Code of Practice||–||–|
|003||Environment Protection Licence (NSW)||8 Dec 2017||–|
|004||Environment Protection Licence (SA)||01 Feb 2014||–|
|005||Pollution Incident Response Management Plan||Mar 2016||2.0|
|006||Work Program PRP 4.2||–||–|
|007||Southern Sydney Freight Line Environmental Documentation||–||–|
|008||Maitland to Minimbah Third Track Operational Noise and Vibration Review (Public)||–||–|
ARTC values your comments and feedback. Please report any issues or feedback related to factors such as noise or dust, to our Enviroline:
- Call: 1300 550 402
- Email: Enviroline@artc.com.au
- Our goal is to provide a rapid response to each environmental complaint and ensure regulatory compliance in line with the commitments we have made as a business.