Our customers are primarily train operators (passenger and freight) and coal producers (in the Hunter Valley).
Transport is one of the single largest supply chain costs for businesses in Australia.
If you’re moving a lot of product over long distances; have a specific import-export freight task or specialise in bulk products, rail provides natural scale and mass management advantages that can significantly reduce your overall cost base. That’s better for your bottom line and better for your business.
Interstate rail reliability has improved dramatically over recent years, delivering consistent, high freight availability, making sure your freight is there when you need it.
This has led to some of the biggest brands in Australia to return to rail and includes major grocery and supermarket chains, manufacturers and retailers.
On our Interstate network, our customers (train operators in the main), pay a two part access charge.
A fixed component, known as the flagfall, is in effect a charge for occupying capacity on the network, regardless of the size of the train.
The second charge is a mass distance charge based on the gross tonnage of the train multiplied by the distance travelled.
On our Hunter Valley Coal Network, customers consist of a number of coal producers where we commit to provide sufficient capacity for contracted coal volumes based on 10 Year Take or Pay contracts.
On the Interstate Network, our customers consist mostly of train operators. The major operators using our network (owned or leased) are:
- Freightliner Australia Pty Ltd
- Genesee & Wyoming Australia Pty Ltd
- Journey Beyond Rail Expeditions (formerly Great Southern Rail)
- Pacific National
- NSW Trains
- QUBE Logistics (Rail) Pty Ltd
- SCT Logistics
- Southern Shorthaul Railroad Pty Ltd
- Specialised Bulk Rail Pty Ltd
- V/Line Passenger Pty Ltd
- 3801 Ltd
- Australian Railway Historical Society (ACT) Division Inc.
- Lachlan Valley Railway Society Co-operative Ltd.
- Rail Motor Society Inc.
- Transport Heritage NSW
On our Hunter Valley Coal Network, customers consist of a number of coal producers. Here, we commit to provide sufficient capacity for contracted paths.
- AGL Macquarie
- Bengalla Coal Sales Pty Ltd
- Bloomfield Collieries Pty Ltd
- Centennial Coal Infrastructure Pty Ltd
- Coal & Allied Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal (NSW) Pty Ltd
- Gloucester Coal Ltd
- Hunter Valley Energy Coal Pty Ltd
- Idemitsu Australia Resources Pty Ltd
- Maxwell Coal (Sales) Pty Ltd
- MACH Mount Pleasant Marketing Pty Ltd
- Peabody Australia Mining Pty Ltd
- Whitehaven Coal Ltd
- Yancoal Australia Ltd