We’ve completed main track works on our North East Rail Line upgrade in north-east Victoria to help ensure a smoother ride for passengers and fewer delays between Albury-Wodonga and Melbourne.
Delivering the works ahead of schedule and above the original scope, here’s what we’ve done:
- 532km of track upgraded (and track tamping)
- 557,000 tonnes of ballast dropped
- 28km of mudhole removal
- 532km of drainage reinstated
- 85 level crossing renewals
- 142 rail bridge upgrades
- 173 local supplier businesses
- $70 million injected into regional Victorian economy
Feedback on the upgrade from customers and train passengers has been positive. The performance of passenger trains along the North East line has dramatically improved since before the commencement of the upgrade, with results for on time running of services better than they have been in many years. This has seen weekly punctuality levels of services of well over 90%. Learn more.