With such an extensive network we are committed to respecting the communities and environments in which we operate.
We implement measures to minimise or prevent pollution and waste.
Our Environment Policy guides the continual improvement of our Environmental Management System, which is regularly updated and reviewed. We keep our environmental objectives and targets current and we are proactive about managing potential environmental risks.
We comply with environmental legislation, regulation and other requirements as a minimum, but seek to go beyond this though identifying opportunities for higher standards of environmental performance.
We’re furthermore committed to:
- Taking prompt action in response to non-compliance and other environmental complaints
- Having effective relationships with all environmental agencies and regulators
- Ensuring agreements between contractors and rail operators comply with our Environmental Management System
- Ensuring employees are inducted so they can perform their duties.
We operate across New South Wales, South Australia, Victoria, Queensland, and Western Australia and hold an Environment Protection Authority (EPA) Licence for our rail operations in New South Wales and South Australia.
The EPA works with us to reduce risks to the environment. Licences set conditions to ensure that potential impacts and risks to the environment are minimised.
|001||Environment Policy||17 Feb 2021||–|
|002||NSW Code of Practice||–||–|
|003||Environment Protection Licence (NSW)||27 July 2023||–|
|004||Environment Protection Licence (SA)||18 Sep 2019||–|
|005||Pollution Incident Response Management Plan||April 2023||4.0|
|006||Work Program PRP 4.2||–||–|
|007||Southern Sydney Freight Line Environmental Documentation||–||–|
|008||Maitland to Minimbah Third Track Operational Noise and Vibration Review (Public)||–||–|
|009||Nundah Bank Noise and Vibration Monitoring 2013||–||–|
|010||Nundah Bank Noise and Vibration Monitoring 2018||–||–|
|011||Southern Sydney Freight Line Year 5 Compliance Monitoring||–||–|
|012||Maitland to Minimbah Biodiversity Management and Offset Plan 2014||24 June 2014||05|
ARTC values your comments and feedback. Please report any issues or feedback related to factors such as noise or dust, to our Enviroline:
- Call: 1300 550 402
- Email: Enviroline@artc.com.au
- Our goal is to provide a rapid response to each environmental complaint and ensure regulatory compliance in line with the commitments we have made as a business.