« All Events
Port Augusta Highway Detour – Horrocks Pass Road
2016-09-26 @ 2:00 pm - 2016-09-28 @ 6:00 pm
- The railway level crossing on Horrocks Pass Road (near the Port Augusta Highway) will be closed from 2pm, 26 September to 6pm, 28 September for essential rail maintenance work.
- We are upgrading the level crossing and undertaking a full track reconstruction, which requires excavation down to the track’s foundation and then rebuilding with new fill, capping and ballast. New bitumen will be put on the road surface.
- Due to the nature of the work, and the short window available to get it done, works will take place overnight.
- With this road closure the following detours will be in place:
- Heavy vehicles must use Main North Road and Flinders Ranges Way (via Stirling North).
- Motorists (light vehicles) can also travel via Spear Creek Road.