We believe rail offers agri-business and grain producers a great opportunity to realise significant supply chain savings.
Now, after years of investment thanks to coal industry demand to build and grow our rail network, there is opportunity for agricultural producers to take advantage of our world-class, heavy haul network in the Hunter Valley and North West NSW. We have delivered a number of initiatives and efficiencies recently, which makes rail an increasingly attractive proposition for a range of industries across the region. Find out more about how ARTC and rail can help your business on this page.
Find out more about our recent mainline loading solution – delivered in the heart of the Northern NSW grain belt:
ARTC serves a number of markets across the Hunter and Inland NSW, including non-coal markets, and is a strong supporter of regional Australian business.
By running more efficient, longer and heavier trains directly into the Port of Newcastle precinct, we can improve the entire supply chain, and cut costs for producers.
Our Hunter Valley network consists of more than 1600km’s of track, extending to Parkes via Dubbo in the Central West of NSW to North Star in the far north of the state.
Our network is high performing, efficient and proven:
- We will haul around 35 billion gross tonne kilometres in 2015, equivalent to 125,000 loaded B Triple return trips from Melbourne to Brisbane.
- We have capacity available today for new agricultural freight
- We can increase the length of general freight trains and deliver the equivalent of an additional 30,000 TEU through the Hunter Valley from NW NSW using the same number of train paths.
- We can run heavier, longer grain trains than ever before: 1200-1350m or 70+ wagons long
- Our network from Moree to Newcastle offers the opportunity for growers to double or potentially triple payloads.
Learn more about the ‘Mega Grain Train’ ARTC ran on its Hunter Valley network – an Australian record for the largest, continuously-tipped export grain train.
To move your freight on rail or if you just want to find out more, please contact our business development team and we will be happy to assist.
- Nick Minervini
- Customer Relationship Manager – Interstate
- (08) 8217 4274
- 0418 984 760
- Joe Fealy
- Business Development Manager – Riverina
- 0427 831 471
- NOUR ETTE
- Manager Business Development Hunter Valley
- (02) 4952 0254
- 0406 046 239