WHAT IS OPERATIONAL READINESS?
Operational Readiness is an end-to-end process that covers all project delivery, business-related and operational requirements and activities.
Operational Readiness requires a progressive approach across the entire project life-cycle with key milestones aligned to the Project Stages. It defines and confirms the business, operational, asset and maintenance requirements.
Operational Readiness also provides a course for commissioning, handover and acceptance and assists to prevent, or minimise, additional costs, delays and safety risks at completion and handover. As shown in the diagram below.
The ARTC Completion and Handover Specification (COR-SP-001) and supporting Work Package Templates describes the Interstate Network’s completion and handover process for new Rail Infrastructure and identifies key requirements and Hold Points for the Project’s commissioning, completion and handover.
The size and complexity of the completion and handover process and deliverables will vary for each Project. The Operational Readiness process and requirements have been designed to be scalable and tailorable to meet individual Project’s delivery strategies and ARTC’s commissioning, completion and handover requirements for the Project.
WHY IS OPERATIONAL READINESS IMPORTANT?
- Integrates the people, systems and processes to ensure a seamless handover and acceptance into ARTC operations and maintenance.
- Ensures the assets align to and comply with ARTC standards, procedures, business rules and regulatory requirements.
- Provides guidance and direction on ambiguities with regards to ARTC requirements.
- Ensures that all ARTC operational, maintenance, asset, environment, community and business requirements are being delivered by the Project / Contractor.
- Provides approval that the asset is ready to be commissioned into railway operations and ensures a safe and efficient completion and handover of the assets / project works
- Ensures the integration and operation of the project works into ARTC’s Accreditation.
Operational Readiness Documentation
- COR-SP – 001 Completion and Handover Spec.pdf
- COR-FM – 062 Installation Work Package Civil and Structures.pdf
- COR-FM – 062 Installation Work Package Civil and Structures.docx
- COR-FM – 063 Installation Work Package Track.pdf
- COR-FM – 063 Installation Work Package Track.docx
- COR-FM – 064 Commissioning Work Package Civil and Structures.pdf
- COR-FM – 064 Commissioning Work Package Civil and Structures.docx
- COR-FM – 065 Commissioning Work Package Track.pdf
- COR-FM – 065 Commissioning Work Package Track.docx
- COR-FM – 066 Handover Documentation Package Civil.pdf
- COR-FM – 066 Handover Documentation Package Civil.docx
- COR-FM – 067 Handover Documentation Package Track.pdf
- COR-FM – 067 Handover Documentation Package Track.docx
- COR-FM – 068 Handover Doc Package Environment.pdf
- COR-FM – 068 Handover Doc Package Environment.docx