This page refers to RIW Structures roles.
Structures at ARTC incorporates role related to examining and inspecting infrastructure and the repair and maintenance of those structures
Identify the role and requirements from the Structures matrix
- Matrix identifies minimum requirements.
- Levels of experience for Structures Repairers and Visual Structures Inspectors (Pathway 1) are covered in TLI21311 and TLI32111.
- The minimum years of experience required for Visual Structures Inspectors (Pathway 2), Engineering Structures Inspectors and Structures Representatives are combined years of relevant experience with steel, concrete, masonry and/or timber materials.
- Structures Representative role is ARTC internal role only. Applicant must submit records of relevant asset management experience to ARTC National Bridges & Structures Engineer for assessment.
Add your role to your Onsite profile: www.riw.net.au
Upload into Onsite evidence to meet the role requirements. Structures roles include:
|Structures Repairer||Carry out construction work, including any associated tasks, on concrete, steel and/or timber structures as per scope of work and to ensure delivery of high quality workmanship to satisfaction of superintendent.|
|Visual Structures Inspector||Conduct mandatory systematic inspection, examination, condition monitoring and functional checks and take appropriate action to ensure structures are in a safe operational condition, including recording and reporting of defective structures to maintain a valid bridge management system.|
|Engineering Structures Inspector||Conduct mandatory systematic inspections, condition monitoring, functional checks, update inventories and take appropriate action to ensure structures are in a safe “FIT FOR PURPOSE’ operational condition, including recording and reporting of defects in structures to maintain a valid bridge management system.|
- For Structures Design refer the Engineering Design and Project Management Matrix
- For Contractor and Trade competencies refer to the National Trade Matrix
If further Clarification is required contact an ARTC Representative here: RIWstructures@ARTC.com.au