Improving our relationships with customers, stakeholders and the community is a priority for ARTC.
Earlier this year we undertook wide-ranging research to seek the views of these groups to inform how we as a company can continue to improve communication, collaboration and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
We thank those who participated in this research.
There were a number of key themes that emerged and we’ve taken the findings on board to focus on a refreshed vision for the way we engage and operate:
- Who is ARTC – There is a strong level of understanding of ARTC and our important role in the freight sector. Our stakeholders consider the leadership team an asset to the business, with deep industry knowledge and are looking forward to building more informed relationships.
- Safety – ARTC is recognised and known for having an uncompromising commitment to safety.
- ESG – Our stakeholders are conscious of and care about Environment, Sustainability and Governance (ESG) issues and would like to hear more information on ARTC’s plans for the future.
- Competitiveness of rail – Communicating the advantages of rail as a competitive and efficient mode of freight is important to many of our stakeholders. Stakeholders would like to see ARTC take a more proactive role in identifying and communicating these benefits.
- Innovation – Communicating and evolving our innovations plans is a key expectation of our stakeholders as this will position ARTC to better address key industry challenges and ensure we are prepared for the future.
- Inland Rail – Our stakeholders have high expectations for the delivery of the Inland Rail project. They expect best in class community engagement, regular updates on our progress, as well as increasing effort in communicating the benefits the project will deliver across the country.
To ensure we maintain our focus, ARTC will in mid-2022 undertake further research to seek stakeholder views through a short research program.
We look forward to further productive relationships as a result of this work.