This page refers to all RIW Engineering, Design and Project Management roles.
All Engineering, Design and Project Management roles have an expiry date of four (4) Years where continued proof of currency of skills is required.
Applicants seeking to be an external assessor: Refer to the process at the bottom of this page.
Assessment of Roles
Read procedure EGP-01-03
|EGP-01-03||Engineering Design & Project Management Procedure|
Identify the role you are seeking from the matrix and add to your RIW card profile.
|EGP0103F-01||Engineering Design & Project Management Matrix|
NOTE: Matrix identifies minimum requirements. Compliance with these requirements does not mean competence across entire network or you meet specific requirements to undertake work. Local requirements may still be required.
NOTE: If there is no authorised assessor for the discipline you are seeking contact RIWengineering@artc.com.au for advice.
Download a copy of the “Record of Relevant Experience” template and complete Part A.
|EGP0103F-02||Record of Relevant Experience and Assessment Form|
Upload your evidence to the RIW system.
Identify an approved assessor to submit Record of Relevant Experience and Assessment Form to:
NOTE: for Employees and Contractors:
- For employee assessment send completed document to: RIWengineering@ARTC.com.au.
- For contractors please refer the list below of approved assessors.
Engineering and Project Management Assessors
When applying for ARTC rail industry worker cards engineering and project management applicants must have their competencies assessed before the cards are issued. ARTC has appointed several companies to provide assessment services for these roles.
Options for selecting assessors are available once you have commenced registering in the Onsite system. Information is uploaded and the assessment is automatically forwarded the assessor of your choice. Note there are costs associated with the assessment that you will need to discuss with your assessor.
Approval or further evidence may be required
External Assessor Applications
NOTE: External assessors can only assess the roles that have been verified in their profile.
For applicants seeking to be an external assessor, follow this process:
Add the ARTC External Assessor – Engineering role to your profile. This will list the competences required for this role to be undertaken.
Download a copy of the “Record of Relevant Experience and Assessment Form” template and complete Part B.
Download a copy of the External Assessor Agreement.
Read the agreement and if in agreement sign and upload into Onsite
Upload your remaining evidence to the Onsite system.
Nominate ARTC – External Assessor (Engineering) to submit Record of Relevant Experience Assessment Form to:
Approval or further evidence required
- If gaps are identified you will be contacted to provide further evidence
- If approved an endorsed copy will be sent to the applicant to be loaded into the Onsite system and assessor access granted.
If you plan to assess other organisations, on behalf of ARTC, as an Approved External Assessor you will need to provide the following:
- Relevant contact details for other organisations to approach you for services
- What roles you are endorsed to assess
- Contact details for the assessor including phone and email
Your details will then be added to the Approve External Assessors list.
- An external assessor, who moves to another organisation and seeks to remain an external assessor, is required to notify in writing ARTC of the change.
- External assessors can only assess the roles that have been verified in their profile.