We utilise and host several Wayside Monitoring Systems across our network.
We are improving rail performance and maintenance across our network, including through the following wayside monitoring systems:
- Wheel Condition Monitor (WCM) – measures the effect of wheel impacts on the rail surface.
- Bearing Acoustic Monitor (RailBAM) – identifies and monitors bearing faults using acoustic measurements.
- Squeal Acoustic Detector (RailSQAD) – identifies and monitors noise produced by wheels.
- Angle of Attack (AOA) – measures the angle of a wheel set relative to the rail.
- Hunting Detector – measures the position of the wheel set relative to the rail to measure tracking error, inter-axle misalignment, hunting, angle of attack and lateral shift.
- Wheel Profile Monitor – a real-time wheel measurement system that records laser images as the wheel passes by.