We’ve completed main track works on our North East Rail Line upgrade in north-east Victoria, which will help ensure a smoother ride for passengers and fewer delays between Albury-Wodonga and Melbourne.
Delivering the works ahead of schedule and above the original scope, here’s what we’ve done:
- 532km of track upgraded (and track tamping)
- 557,000 tonnes of ballast dropped
- 28km of mudhole removal
- 532km of drainage reinstated
- 85 level crossing renewals
- 142 rail bridge upgrades
- 173 local supplier businesses
- $70 million injected into regional Victorian economy
We’re now focusing on signalling works, which will continue throughout the year. Learn more.