- This event has passed.
Hunter Valley Maintenance Works
2016-11-21 @ 6:00 am - 2016-11-25 @ 8:00 pm
- Maintenance works scheduled for 21 – 25 November.
- Trackwork from 6am Monday 21 November – 8pm Friday 25 November
- A number of road closures (see below)
From Monday 21 November to Friday 25 November ARTC will deliver more than $20 million worth of maintenance work, renewing and upgrading track, ballast, sleepers and structures like bridges, culverts and level crossings right through the Hunter Valley.
ARTC staff and contractors will deliver more than 100 projects during the ‘mega maintenance shutdown’ along hundreds of kilometers of the rail network which not only connects the Hunter Valley’s world famous coal operation from the ‘pit to the port’, but countless towns and regional cities.
Due to important maintenance works taking place during the shutdown there will be some road closures and detours in place at some key intersections and busy roads along the Hunter Valley network.
- Work to the rail bridge in Farley resulting Wollombi Road, Farley being closed on Monday 21st November from 6:00am to 6:00pm Friday 25th November. During this maintenance period the road will be closed continuously for access from both sides. Detours will be in place via Old North Road and Station Lane
- Maintenance works on the track which will involve the level crossing on Kenilworth Street, Denman being closed on Monday 21st November from 6:00am to 7:00pm Tuesday 22nd November and the level crossing on Ogilvie Street, Denman being closed from 7:00am to 5:00pm Wednesday 23rd November.
- Important maintenance works on the track which will involve the level crossing on Liverpool Street, Scone being closed for 10 – 15 minute intervals throughout the day on Tuesday 22nd November from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
If you are planning to travel through these areas, please plan for additional travel time and avoid these location around the proposed dates and times.