- This event has passed.
Hunter Valley maintenance shutdown
2017-06-09 @ 7:00 pm - 2017-06-13 @ 3:00 am
The Hunter Valley network will undergo major maintenance works which will force a staged shutdown of the network.
Work will take place within the rail corridor:
- From Islington to Telarah and from Port Waratah and Kooragang to Maitland (7pm, June 9 – 3am, June 13).
- From Maitland to Muswellbrook (10am, June 10 – 8pm, June 12).
- From Muswellbrook to Ulan (3pm, June 10 – 8pm June 12).
- From Muswellbrook to Narrabri (6am, June 10 – 8pm, June 12).
The scheduled activity will include full track reconstruction, new rail, level crossing improvements, ballast cleaning, rail corridor tidy-up work and signalling maintenance.
Overall 100 projects will be delivered across the Hunter Valley, and the work is critical to the safety and reliability of the rail network.
ARTC is carrying out important maintenance works at a number of level crossings:
- Scone – Turanville Road Level Crossing – Closed 11am – 4:30pm, Monday, 12 June
- Quirindi – Nowland Street Level Crossing – Closed 4am, Saturday, 10 June – 4pm Tuesday, 13 June (please note there will be truck movements from Nowland Street to Bells Gate Road)
- Farley – Wollombi Road Level Crossing – Closed 6am, Friday, 9 June – 6pm, Wednesday, 14 June (detours via Sawyers Gully Road, Kurri Kurri and Old North Road, Lochinvar)
- Bylong Valley Way, Sandy Hollow – Delays 4:30pm, Sunday 11 June to 12:30am Monday, 12 June
Please plan ahead for the disruptions these closures may cause and try avoid these areas around the proposed works periods to avoid inconvenience.