- This event has passed.
Albury to Moss Vale and Cootamundra to Parkes maintenance works
2020-09-05 @ 6:00 am - 2020-09-07 @ 6:00 pm
Three-day shutdown from 6am Saturday 5 September to 6pm Monday 7 September
ARTC workers will be carrying out essential rail maintenance and enhancement works next weekend on the main railway line between Albury to Moss Vale and Cootamundra to Parkes as part of its annual ‘Super Possession’.
From 6:00am Saturday 5 September until 6:00pm Monday 7 September, the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) will run its massive annual maintenance program between Moss Vale and Albury and from Cootamundra to Parkes.
This year’s works include track re-railing, resurfacing and reconditioning, as well as level crossing upgrades, track ballasting, turnout maintenance and bridge maintenance.
In addition to the shutdown, there will be preparatory work along the rail lines in the lead up to the works from 29 August, as well as some demobilisation work set to occur during standard working hours following the shutdown until 11 September. These works should see minimal impact to the community. Works below will be around the clock.
Community members can also contact Enviroline on 1300 550 402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if they have questions about the work being delivered.
Key work locations include:
- Grubben Road and Sladen street level crossing upgrades at Henty township
- Harefield road level crossing upgrade at Harefield (Just south of Junee township)
- Yarragundry street level crossing upgrade Uranquinty township
- Temora road level crossing upgrade at Cootamundra
- Track maintenance works in Goulburn yard parallel to Sloane street
- Bundanoon pedestrian crossing upgrade adjacent to Bundanoon railway station
- Track reconditioning works at Exeter railway station
- Rerailing works at Tallong bridge on Old Wingello road Wingello township
- Track maintenance works adjacent to lackey street and Silo roads Wallendbeen township